Sunday, February 15, 2009

Our Little Valentine

It was one year ago today that MISS BELLA BOO joined our little family. More than anything, I'm glad we've managed to keep her alive since we had and still have no idea what we're doing. Thinking over the past couple days has brought back so many memories. A flood of emotions has come rushing back. All the anticipation, the adrenaline rush of realizing that I was in labor while at a Valentine's dinner, the intense pain (and yes I still have a very clear recollection of the pain), the countless sleepless nights, the amazing bond and shear joy I felt and still feel while rocking my little one to bed. Bella has brought so much into our lives and filled a void we never knew we had. I don't remember what life was like without her and couldn't be happier that I don't. She is so pleasant and easy going and has the funniest little personality. She's our little sweetheart. I've said it before, but this has been the fastest year of my life. Almost daily there's some new milestone she reaches. She never ceases to amaze me.
Here are some pictures of Bella this year:

Aunt Brynn holding Bella in the hospital


Right after she got all cleaned up. I couldn't get over how curly and dark her hair was.

In the cutest little white dress from Grandma Bushman.


She would sleep so well in her car seat.







Pics at 8 days old.


Her first Easter.


Bella's blessing day. In the blessing dress that Grandma Bushman made just for her.


First Boat ride and trip to Lake Mead. Grandma and Grandpa May got Bella the smallest life jacket they make (the only way Bryan could convince me to take her on the boat).


Happy Father's Day So happy after a long nap. Nap time is my FAVORITE time of the day! Having fun with Uncle Brent on you first Disneyland trip.







My grandpa took some pictures for us a few weeks ago. These are a few of my favorites.















Bella's First Birthday Party 02/14/2009




Opening presents with my help.


In her own princess chair which she LOVES! Thanks Houghs!
So ready to eat some cake!


A little timid with the first taste, but it was ALL over from there.
Very happy about the cake!Getting cleaned up in Grandma's perfect bath sink. If you look closely you can see Bella's dyed bright pink face. Quincy just couldn't stand it and needed to "take a bath with Bella". These two have so much fun together!Hyped up on sugar and definitely not having the picture taking!



Bryan and I enjoying our Valentine's evening IN!

9 comments:

Cami said...

Happy Birthday Bella! She is SO cute!!! I love all the pics!

Mel said...

I can't believe she is one already! Man does time fly!! That means my little one is close behind her :( they need to slow down. She is soooo dang cute! We need to get together again!

Jared and Jessica said...

Oh my gosh she is such a doll! We all need to get together soon. Hope you guys are doing well!

The Olsons said...

Britt~ How the heck are you?? I have not talked to you in forever. Bella is the cutest little thing. I can not believe she is a year old already. I hope things are going well.

~Jessica

Channa said...

Happy Birthday to Bella. It's so fun to see her birthday party with the cake. It looks like she really was all about the cake! The pictures your grandpa took are beautiful. :)

Dan/Kealy said...

Hey Brittney! I know I haven't talked to you FOREVER! But I just wanted to say hi and that your family is so cute! Bella is absolutely adorable!

Megano said...

Oh my Britt Bella is BEAUTIFUL!!! She truly is so beautiful! But how could she not be with you as her mother. She is a little lady now.. so cute!!! I LOVE your hair by the way your dark hairs are hot hot hoT!

Michelle said...

you look gorgeous as usual! and bella is getting so big ... ahhh! so crazy how time flies and they grow up so fast!

The Olsons said...

Well hello stranger!! Bella is so big I can not believe that she is already one! Yeah I would like to find out more information about doing medical transcription from home if you know about it that would be great!! :)